Wednesday 17 May 2023

What the hell are calendars for then?


Here is a picture of May in my calendar for the year, made by my lovely soon-to-be Sister in law.

Note the crazy out of context picture collage, the doctor scrawl entries of coffee, covid jabs, and half-term holidays; also the upcoming 24th wedding anniversary to my husband ❤️

What's missing? Well, this morning I spent a frustrating 90mins discovering my calendar had failed to note 12 writing competition deadlines that I had managed to completely miss this year. There are few - if any - free or subsidised competitions for novella length pieces, so to have missed a sizable number for 2023 is rather upsetting.

It got me thinking: perhaps, the point in having a #literaryagent isn't just to get your work published, but to become a carer of sorts to the writer
Rather than changing catheters and administering medication, it's to remind the writer that they need to submit by ... and get their head working for the first quarter of the year. Every year!

Anyway, can't be helped now, just need to do better from this moment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book 2 of 2024 read...

Book two of 2024 read, and, bloody hell, that was shattering ☹️ I thought I had a pretty good idea what had gone on with @britne...