Wednesday 12 April 2023

Rub Sticks Together


When the highlight of your day so far has been scrubbing most of the filth circle from the shower tray, then you go and find out you're one of the @theopenuniversity #OpenUniversityinWales student profiles 😄

I've spent the best part of 17 years trying to pass myself off as able-bodied, while cursing the lack of visible role models who would have made those years so much easier. Irony? 

'You must be the change you wish to see in the world' commonly gets attributed to Mahatma Gadhi, though that's often debated. Irrelevant, the sentiment remains true. 

Cut a path through the brambles, so another can walk easier behind, rub sticks together to light their way, and always be grateful that you achieve what you set out to, no matter how many obstacles you had to battle through.

https://www.open.ac.uk/wales/en/news/ou-gave-me-my-confidence-back-becks-experience-studying-ms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book 2 of 2024 read...

Book two of 2024 read, and, bloody hell, that was shattering ☹️ I thought I had a pretty good idea what had gone on with @britne...